Become a Member in Atlanta or Newnan
We're glad you've found Kate's Club!
Why should you join?
- Kate’s Club offers top-quality social and therapeutic programming designed specifically for grieving children and their families, including monthly virtual programs so families can connect from anywhere.
- Membership is open to any school-age child, between the ages of 5-18 who have experienced the death of a parent, sibling, or primary caregiver.
- Members can attend either Atlanta or Newnan programming, but not both.
- Membership is free and getting started is easy.
“I want nothing but the best for my kids and I realized that I can't protect them from all hurt, but at Kate's Club they can express their hurt and sorrow and be comforted by a devoted loving place where it's okay to cry or miss their loved one.”
- Kate's Club Parent
How to Join Kate’s Club
Kate's Club requests that families wait at least two months after the death before beginning the member application process.
- Submit an application for each child joining Kate’s Club
- You will receive a welcome email with information for next steps which include scheduling:
- Parent/guardian phone interview
- Bereavement Needs Assessment for children 8 and older. This is optional for virtual members. This assessment done by a staff member lets us understand your children’s needs better to best serve them.
- Family Orientation - parents and children attend an introductory program with other families new to Kate’s Club.
Atlanta Membership: Once we receive your application, you will be contacted by our Data & Program Coordinator to begin the process. Please feel free to contact Debra Brook, Director of Clubhouse and Volunteer Services, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-965-9270.
Newnan Membership: In collaboration with Abby’s Angels, a Coweta-based non-profit, Kate’s Club is now offering social and therapeutic programming for families experiencing life after the death of a parent, primary caregiver or sibling in Newnan. Programs are held one Sunday a month from 4:00-6:00 PM. Newnan Program Coordinator Heather Cohen can be reached at email@example.com.
Our mailing address is:
1190 W. Druid Hills Drive NE, Suite T-80
Atlanta, GA 30329
Refer a Family
If you know of a family that could benefit from Kate’s Club, please let them know about us! Our doors are always open to new members, and all programs are offered at no cost to families. Grieving families generally appreciate it when extended family and friends reach out to them to acknowledge their loss, offer support and connect them with resources. Please spread the word about Kate’s Club and encourage parents/guardians to call Kate’s Club for more information.
Kate’s Club staff is more than happy to speak with anyone interested by phone or personal appointment.
Give us a call at: