- Sit down with your family and decide what you want to do for the holiday season.
- Undertake only what each family member can handle comfortably.
- Don’t set expectations that are too high for yourself or the season.
- Do things a little differently – if you expect the season to be the same, you will be disappointed.
- Be good to yourself – get the rest and nourishment you need. If you need to be alone or if you crave the company of others, do what feels right to you.
Do you have some ideas you’ve incorporated into your holidays to cope with the loss of a loved one? If so, please share with this blog community.
The above suggestions were reprinted from GriefNet. GriefNet grants anyone the right to reprint this information without request for compensation so long as the copy is not used for profit and so long as this paragraph is reprinted in its entirety with any copied portion.