Current Job Opportunities
Kate’s Club is a nonprofit organization that empowers children and teens 5-18 years old facing life after the death of a parent or sibling through therapeutic and recreational programs. By creating friendships with other kids and establishing support from caring adult volunteers who share the experience, Kate’s Club guides children through their grief journey in a comfortable, safe, and uplifting setting. Kate’s Club Connects (KC Connects) is the community outreach branch of Kate’s Club, bringing bereavement support services and grief education to the Greater Atlanta community through school and organizational partnerships.
Kate’s Club is seeking a bilingual (English and Spanish) Outreach Assistant to support the growth of KC Connects by working to develop and implement strategies for identifying, activating, and sustaining school partnerships.
The Outreach Assistant reports directly to the Program and Outreach Manager.
Attributes of the Successful Candidate
- Positive and driven, with a passion for Kate’s Club’s mission
- Aptitude for project management
- Organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with diverse groups of children and families
- Knowledge of child development
- Bachelor’s degree required in a human or social services field; Master’s degree considered favorably
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish and English
- Experience translating materials a plus
- A familiarity with the Metro Atlanta social services sector and knowledge of local schools
- Experience working with children and a understanding of child development
- An understanding of bereavement
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work independently and be resourceful
- Valid Georgia driver’s license and proof of vehicle liability insurance
Summary of Responsibilities
Outreach Implementation Support
- Facilitate Kate’s Club Connects programming, including school-based support groups and classroom education sessions
- Provide support for professional trainings and crisis response
- Manage supplies for outreach programming
- Work with Program and Outreach Manager to enhance school-based support group curriculum
- Input and analyze survey data from school-based support groups
- Contribute to regular e-newsletter for community outreach contacts
- Develop communication templates for caregivers of school-based support group participants
- Ensure resource materials are regularly reviewed and updated as needed
- Collaborate with Program and Outreach Manager to prepare quarterly reports on outreach efforts and findings
- Write social media posts related to outreach programs
- Write articles and reports for annual reports, grant applications, etc.
Compensation and Schedule
This is a part-time position with approximately 20 hours per week at $17/hour.
Because the Outreach Assistant works directly with school partners, applicants must be available Monday through Friday during typical school hours to be considered for the position. This job involves traveling to schools in Metro Atlanta area on a weekly basis during the academic year; applicants must have reliable transportation, a valid license, and clean driving record.
The Outreach Assistant is part of the Program Team and must have occasional evening availability, approximately one evening per month.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The application deadline is October 9, 2019.